What are the 5 most valuable guidelines to keep in mind about On-Page Search engine Optimization (SEO) for blogs?
So, here is a detailed list 5 fundamental points to remember while creating new blog posts
I know, there could be many other points that we should keep in mind while optimize your content for better search engine rankings, but i have mentioned the very basic points that every blogger must use or keep in mind while making new posts every time. AND, even if you follow these 5 points, your blog will be 75-80% on-page SE Optimized!
#1 Using Heading and Meta tags for title, description, and keywords
- Always include an SEO meta tag for title ( 60- 70 characters long). Keep your most important keywords at the starting of the title. Make your titles unique.
- Use custom url for every post. If you don't use a custom url for your posts, then your post will take its default value (that is from the title). So, use custom urls and remove stop words as they don't have any valve and are ignored by search engines while they crawl your post. Use important keywords in the beginning of the url.
- Make a meta description of 150-170 characters for every post and include main keywords in it. But, don't make it a collection of keywords, but it should a mix of 2-3 sentences.
- Though, SEO Keyword tags have lost their importance for Google indexing, but use them as other search engines might consider them while ranking your post. Don't use any keyword more than 3 times and the maximum length of all the keywords should not exceed to 150 characters.
- H1 tag must be used only once in your blog post and that is for the title. Many of the bloggers use H2 tag even for the post title. Wordpress blogs are great compared to Blogspot in this sense. By default, Blogspot blog uses H2 tag for title. I think you should change it to H1 tag.
- Always include a heading or sub title in your posts. Before starting a paragraph, use a heading or sub title and use H2 tag for it.
- Use H3 tag for other sub-headings.
- There is a confusion in Blogspot about heading. So, if you write a sub title, just below title, then give it a heading tag rather than a sub heading tag.
The search engines cannot detect images as compared to the human eyes, and that’s why implementing the Alt tag is important. If the search engines are unable to detect what your images are about, then they will not be able to showcase them in the image search results. This occasionally lowers the visibility and exposure of a given site. To solve this, ensure you insert the alt text with short descriptive phrases whenever you are fixing an image in any of your pages. You can also make use of various relevant keywords, but being careful to evade keyword stuffing. Also use Caption for your images.
|On-page SEO is made up of many thing|
#2 Freshness is favored : update your blog or website frequently
Also, there is one more important thing to notice about fresh content : other content syndication platforms, RSS directories, content hungry systems are going to drive a lot of extra traffic when there is new updates or content is published on your blog. you may have notice this that whenever you publish a new post there is a clearly noticeable new high traffic waves to your blog and this continues till few days more. So, every new post adds new traffic to your blog and it starts getting more traffic with every new blog post! This is true, believe me!!
#3. Snubbing duplicate content
The duplicate work generally means that you contain identical or nearly matching content on over and above one page. This can regularly occur without your knowledge. One of the most usual errors is the replication of the homepage. For instance;
When the search engines meet the matching content on different pages, they will not know of the exact page to index. And, all the similar urls will lead to the same page, hence, Ultimately, search engines will indicate them as duplicate content.
How to avoid this scenario?
You should always use the rel=”canonical” tag on all pages that have the same content. This tag will direct the search engine to the previous page which is the same page that will be ranking in the search results. Alternatively, you may want to 301 redirect versions of the page to the initial page. A 301 one alternate version will direct visitors to newer page.
And, always write unique content on all of the pages or posts of your blog. To conclude, you have to erase the duplicate content and if you suspect any website to have copied it from you, then use CopyScape to ensure your content is unique.Or, if someone else has copied it from your website, report Google to remove your copyright Content via DMCA Dashbord in your Google Webmaster tool. This way, i reported many sites that had stolen content from this blog, and Google got me removed those duplicate content successfully.
You just have to fill up a simple form here - DMCA Copyright Content Removal request form
#4. Don't Use the 302 redirects instead of the 301
The 302 redirects are majorly temporary while the 301s shows a perpetual redirect. Whenever the search engines meet the 302 redirect, they interpret it that the redirecting URL will be fixed back at a later time. The search engine will automatically not relate the new page to the redirected URL in the search results. But in case you are only planning to view a page for a given time then just use the 301 redirects.
In case a part of your pages has been erased completely, though, the 302 redirect will not cross the link juice through to the new page, and then the page will not be assigned with a new URL in the search results. So to delete a page and the URL, you require a 301 redirect to push it to the next URL.
#5. Concentrate on both equally : your readers and search engines
Aim on giving high quality and satisfying content to your users. When your users are happy and satisfied, then it is very likely that you too will be very happy and will finally be rewarded with higher ratings and increased blog traffic.
Hot tip: First, write a post without using any keywords or keyword phrases deliberately in the content. Just write naturally in one flow ( this is what the readers like) and then make some changes and use appropriate keywords in right places in your entire content ( this is what search engines like) . You will have to make both of them happy : your readers and search engines!
When we visit several websites or blogs everyday, everyone of us notices some or the other types of common SEO flaws on many websites and blogs. There are several types of SEO errors that different bloggers can make, below is a list of 5 of the most common ones. Note that it is easy to notice and fix them.
Some of the SEO mistakes are being repeated over and over knowingly or unknowingly. Whar are the commonest SEO mistakes you have noticed on other blogs and what are the SEO errors that you have been unable to fix for any reason whatsoever. Please share your views and suggestions here about some common optimization mistakes you have observed.